Few backup questions about retention
When 6.0 is released (I do not have a release date yet, but we'll keep everyone posted), we will have an option to create different retention plans for cloud and local in a hybrid backup plan. For now, if you have different retention needs that must be enforced, then you'll need to create two separate backup plans: One for local and one for cloud.
Regarding your retention settings:
- You state you want to be able to restore the latest version (always) and keep all versions for up to 90 days. Use the following:
- Delete versions older than: 90 Days from Modification Date
- Check: Always keep the last version
- Uncheck: Keep versions of each file
- Your decision on: Delay Purge - using this will keep files you delete locally from being deleted in backup storage for the specified number of days (nice option in case you accidentally delete a file but need it restored the next day
Note: To avoid any unanticipated changes, set retention in the backup plan itself - do not use the "Use Defaults" option in the backup plan.