• Marian
    I am unable to log in remotely to a computer. There is a user session running in Windows10, desktop is locked.
    When trying to log in only the PIN is requested, not the windows user password.
    Remote computer: Unattended acces = ON , Encryption=ON
    the public key has been entered on the local computer.
  • Sergey N
    Hello Marian,

Could you please check is the Remote Assistant service is running from an Admin account. Also may i ask you to send us the DIagnostic Info via Main Menu - Diagnostic, please mention this post in the description. Thank you.
  • morello777
    hi, i got a similiar problem still using the newest update version but sometimes Unattended access does not work anymore so that i have to use pin...which is not so cool because even with pin i have to request full access...
    thanks a lot for help
  • Sergey N
    May I ask you to do the same with the Diagnostic from the machine where you encounter those issues. Thank you.
  • morello777
    hi sergey i did sent it via my other pc where the problem exists...did you receive it? thanks
  • Marian
    I was able to to use remote desktop password instead of PIN. I had to configure the " CloudBerry Remote Assistant Service" in "services.msc" , in the tab "Log On" to use "This account" (with specified account name and password.
    Unfortunately, the password doesn't unlock the PC with the error message:

Connection to 018 xxx xxx
    Remote Assistant start failed on remote computer, application start failed.
  • Marian
    i created a ticket from Diagnostic on the machine, where the issue exists.
  • Sergey N
    Hello, received. Passed to R&D already to investigate.

It seems that the issue might be related to the software's inability to switch the session owner, I will consult with our R&D after receiving the logs from your machine. Thank you.
  • Marian
    i created a ticket: "[## 246824 ##] Remote Assistant 2.1.0.25" by sending the Diagnostics from the remote machine with failing LogIn.
  • Sergey N
    thank you, already on it.
  • morello777
    any news why the unattended access sometimes doesn't work? thanks
  • Oleg Romanenko
    Hi! With the new update I also can't access the remote computer. I get this message: "Waiting for "Remote instance of Remote Assistant start", even though the Remote Assistant app is running. I can successfully enter the password. But after that message another one comes up: "Assistant start failed on remote computer, force quitting running application instances has failed".

I use encryption and password with full access to the remote computer, but now this is not working.
  • Sergey N
    Hello Oleg,

Please send us the logs from both of the machines Local and Remote one, we need to understand what is happening from the software's POV. You can do it simply by navigating to Main Menu - Diagnostic and please don't forget to mention this post in the description. Thank you

Hello,

Looking into the issue seems to be that it is happening not from our side. Still requires some more investigation, I will surely reply to you in the ticket. Meanwhile, have you tried the latest version of the software?
  • Oleg Romanenko
    Yes, I am using the latest version of the software. That is the problem - before the update everything was working fine. I'll send the logs.
  • Oleg Romanenko
    Here are the log files. I hope they are the ones you need. Thank you for looking into the issue.
    Attachments
    Remote Assistant.log (1M)
    Remote Assistant - remote machine.log (2M)
  • morello777
    Hi Sergey
    I did update yes. problem is sometimes there are also other problems like freezing etc. then when i close cloudberry and restart it again unattendend acces does not seem to work anymore and i have to enter the pin instead
  • Paul Carew
    I'm too getting this error when I try and use Remote Assistance
    "Remote Assistant start failed on remote computer, force quitting running application instances has failed"
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment