• Gary Hampson
    Using Powershell, I've been able to parse the EngineSettings.list file to programmatically verify some of our Cloudberry Backup Ultimate Edition settings (Clearing Archive Attribute, Max Threads, MD5 Checksum, etc.) but what I'm looking to do now is to ensure that for each of my backup plans, the location in the "Backup (Custom):" field is properly set. Any suggestions?
  • Gary Hampson
    I decided to call the
    cbb.exe

executable using
    invoke-command

and am saving the output to a string, where I can use the

operator to ensure that the Backup items listed is appropriately set.

$ComputerName = "MYSQL01"
    $ScriptBlock = {
        cd "C:\Program Files\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup\"
        .\cbb.exe getPlanDetails -n DailyBackupPlan 2>&1
    }
    $Output =  invoke-command -ComputerName $ComputerName -ScriptBlock $ScriptBlock

If($Output -like "*Z:\MyBackupFolder\FULL*"){write-host "Good"}else{write-host "Bad"}

• Anton Zorin
    Hi ,
    What's the end goal of doing that? Can you please tell me a bit more about your case?
    Thanks
  • Gary Hampson
    We've built an automated process to build and deploy our servers using powershell. We've also started an initiative to peform automated peer review so that we can ensure that our servers are built to spec and that we have no drift from our standards over time. This will include all requisite service installation and configuration (i.e., Cloudberry, etc). We want to ensure that our backup plans are set up properly. We are already looking through the EngineSettings.list file to ensure some program settings are set correctly, but that file doesn't hold any backup plan info. So for now, we've had to use the Cloudberry CLI to get plan details.
  • Matt
    Plan details are stored in .cbb files. I'll try to provide more info on scripts tomorrow, but can't guarantee anything.
  • Matt
    Here's the link to a script made by one of our level 2 guys. It can parse both settings and plan configuration files.
    Note a few things:
    - This is unlikely to work if you have Master Password enabled.
    - "Attribute" and "Value" parameters are are matched in the corresponding order. i.e: "PreReadBufferSize" > "524288"
    "IsSimple" > "true"
    - If you want to parse only .list files you need to use "*" to skip the file name check.
    Attachment
    CBL_parse_any_file_to_check_attributes.ps1 (2K)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment