• user123456
    I have been using CloudBerry backup to archive ~300 GB of photos to Amazon Drive - its free since I'm an Amazon Prime member. I recently received an email from Amazon that CloudBerry will no longer have access to Amazon Drive as of Nov 18.

I've already verified that I can view my existing content using Amazon's Drive client, so the integrity of my existing content is not at risk. But, apparently I have to migrate the backup of new content to a client other than CloudBerry.

I searched the forum but found no mention of this, how are others dealing with this situation?
  • Klim
    Hello ,

Since our goal is to provide customers with an efficient backup solution. Basing on this, we decided to discontinue the support of consumer-grade cloud storage in our products.
    Please refer to this article if you want to learn more about the reasons for this decision.

I recommend you use more appropriate storage for backup purposes.

Thank you!
  • user123456
    Thanks , I'm 100% aware of the tradeoffs of consumer-grade backend providers. I use Amazon Photo/Drive mostly because its free for Prime members, and also because it enables easy sharing of portions of my photo album with friends and family. In a similar way, I also use Google drive for sharing and sync'ing documents. I also do PC2PC backups, and enterprise-grade backups.

I was drawn to CloudBerry because I wanted a single homogeneous client for all of these scenarios. I can't see how removing working features adds value to your customer base, in fact I suspect it will limit that base going forward.
  • Matt
    Well, to be honest, "working" is a relative term. All three of the "drive" storage providers were initially not designed for serious backup purposes, caused a lot of problem for our users, and were utilized by a fraction of our client base. This is not a decision that was taken lightly, but we had to do it to keep moving forward with solutions that are more relevant for the majority of our customers.
  • Wurlitzer
    Can I just confirm please, who has stopped Cloudberry Backup working with Amazon Drive, is it an Amazon decision or Cloudberry's?
    I use Cloudberry Explorer for moving file back and forth to my Amazon Drive, being much faster than using any of the tools provided by Amazon.
  • Matt
    It's a mutual decision that's been a long time coming. ACD might work fine with Explorer, but we can't recommend it for backup purposes.
  • Wurlitzer
    Nope, not working with Explorer either, a bit sad as it was significantly better than using the Amazon desktop top tools. Need to look for an alternative, or move on to a personal cloud solution using a NAS or similar.
  • Wurlitzer
    Just to say also, I'd been using SyncToy with Task Scheduler on a PC to manage what needed backing up and CB Explorer to do the transfer. Quite efficient actually.
  • Mark R
    I've been backing up to my Microsoft OneDrive without problems and am still doing that. How long will it be before I can no longer do that?
  • Matt
    You can still do that, but at your own discretion. For now it's only available to the clients who already have OneDrive added in the software.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment