• Tabby
    Hi! Soon-to-be-ex Teamviewer user here. Loving the Remote Assistant so far! :heart:

I apologize in advance if this issue is being addressed or already answered (I looked for it but no luck).

I tried to download a large file from the remote computer and got an error:

"The following files can't be sent:
    FamilyReunion2019.mp4: File size is too large, greater than 500 MB"

This particular file is about 1.7 GB. I thought I read somewhere that files of any size can be transferred. Am I wrong? If there indeed is a 500 MB limitation, are there any workarounds? Thanks very much.
  • Sergey N
    Hello Tabby,

Thank you for your kind feedback, that is correct, there is a soft-cap on the file size you can transfer at the moment. We are currently discussing the possibility of either increasing it or removing it at all, however, I cannot give you any ETA yet on when the decision would be made. So there is no workaround at the moment unfortunately.
  • Tabby

Hi, Sergey! That's very disappointing but I understand. Hopefully a decision or a workaround will be made available soon. Thanks very much for responding. :up:
  • David Gugick
    Try this.

This setting is connected with the hidden option <MaxFileSize>. It can be added to <FileTransfer> section of RaSettings.xml . If set to 0 the file size can be of any value. App restart is required for option to be accepted.
  • Tabby
    Thank you so much, @David Gugick! I've been using Google Drive to transfer files between computers which works great but is kind of clunky. I'll definitely try your method! I appreciate it very much. :grin: :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment