• MichaelO
    Using the trial of Cloudberry Backup Desktop for Windows.

Deselecting a folder in backup-source, does not remove the files in Azure (cool) blob storage.

In the backup plan, I have set Retention Policy to Custom
    - Unchecked Delete versions older than...
    - Unchecked Keep number of versions...

I expect this would remove all the old versions, and just keep a copy of the currently selected source-folders.
    But the folder/files that is no longer selected for backup, is not removed. How do I do that?

Note: Manually deleting from Storage-browser is not a solution, since it would be a nightmare to keep track of.
  • Stratos Misinezis
    Did you tried repository sync? Try repo sync and tell us the results if you please.
  • Matt
    If the files are simply de-selected from the plan they will not be automatically removed on storage side by design. In your case those files will never be purged since the retention policy is applied per plan.
  • Brian Utterback
    This seems like a major flaw. Typically I change my backup plan to exclude some large files that do not need to be backed up, often created by installing a new program. I'll see a sudden increase in backup storage, find out what changed and then exclude the new files. But that means that this extra storage ends up being used forever.
  • Matt
    That's how the software currently operates, but a lot of things will change with version 7.0 that should address the situation you mentioned.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment