• Joe Gasper
    What will happen backing up OneDrive and DropBox folder structures that are using the new features of Files on Demand (OneDrive) and Smart Sync (DropBox)?

With these features you have full Windows Explorer / command line access to all your files - metadata exists to make it look like all the files are available locally. The real content of the files only exist in the cloud service. On first open of the file, the contents are downloaded, the file is now local, and you can begin working with the file. I have 800GB in my DropBox cloud, with all the files visible and accessible on my 250GB hard drive. And with OneDrive, I've hit 5TB of files exposed to a 120GB hard drive.

Will CBB backup the file stubs or is it going to cause an operation that will download the files?

Thank you.
  • Matt
    I'm afraid that such configuration is not yet officially supported, our software needs to have files fully locally available to be able to actually upload them.
    I'm forwarding your message to our R&D guys, we'll see if it will be possible to implement such functionality in the nearest future.
  • Brock Borah
    It looks like this reply is now a year old. Have there been any changes? Is there, now, any way to use CBB to backup Dropbox "online only" files? If we map the Dropbox directory as a Windows drive using something like Mountain Duck could we use CBB to backup the files?
  • Matt
    No changes to this, "Online only" files can't be backed up yet, and currently full integration with Dropbox is unlikely to happen,
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment