• pittfan
    While experimenting with using local and google drive storage accounts for the window's version I've noticed filename encryption wasn't an option like is shown in the below image for BackBlaze. So that led me to think it's not available for all storage accounts. Is this true? If so is there a list of where it is supported and are there plans to add support to those not supported now?

filenameenc-1.png
  • Matt
    File name encryption is available for local backups, S3, B2. Azure, Google Cloud, all Openstack and S3-like storage providers.
  • pittfan
    Thanks for the quick answer! I was trying to do a hybrid local and then google drive backup and the filename encryption checkbox wasn't an option. I also thought I tried to edit my existing local only backup and didn't think it was an option. However, I do see it as an option this morning for the local only backup so not sure if I missed it or if it took a reboot after entering the license key for it to show up. I now need to explore using a google drive file stream folder location as local backup to accomplish the same thing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment