• NateMcclenahan
    0
    Hi, in doing some restoring, we have had mixed results on our restores. Even in the same restore job where 3 databases were selected, 2 successes, and one failure with the files don't exist message.
    Anything we should try?
    I looked at swift, and it seems like there are some files there, but I don't know what to look for in that area.
  • Matt
    57
    Most likely the local database is not synchronized with the storage.

    Please go to tools > options > repository menu and synchronize the repository for your storage account. After that retry the restore operation.
  • NateMcclenahan
    0
    Still a failure.
    I don't know if i mentioned, but this is a separate server from the one where the data resides normally.

    I also noticed the RM Service was not running. Not sure if that mattered, but I started that and tried the restore again.
  • NateMcclenahan
    0
    Another piece of information... I am doing a trial restore from the originating server, and it is functioning as it should.
  • Matt
    57
    In that case it is most likely a repository issue since the software on one machine doesn't "know" about the changes made to the data on the other one, so synchronization should help.

    Regarding RM service: please right-click on the service icon and select "start service", that's not relevant to the issue at hand, but should fix the problem with the service itself.
  • NateMcclenahan
    0
    So to attempt to clarify my next steps.
    Do I troubleshoot my repository? Or could it be the cloudberry client?

    Again... restore works from the originating machine, not from an alternate, even though many others done in the same fashion work properly.
  • Matt
    57
    First of all you need to synchronize the repository on the machine where you're trying to restore the data. That should update the info about your data on storage and allow you to properly restore the files.
  • NateMcclenahan
    0
    I have done it multiple times. Still fails
  • Matt
    57
    In that case it would be better to open a case in our support portal. Just go to tools > diagnostic menu, put the details in the issue description and send us the logs for investigation.
  • NateMcclenahan
    0
    thanks i'll do that.
  • NateMcclenahan
    0
    Oh just so others may know. I did the synchronization, but that didn't work. However, as suggested by support, if I change the prefix of the destination on my backup account, then it found the files.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
quote
ulist
image
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to CloudBerry Lab Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in the discussions!