• Stephan
    For some reason setting the storage class to "Standard-IA" simply does not work in S3 explorer.
    I tried doing this for HTTP header when uploading, global HTTP header setting and even right click on bucket and select default storage class. (Going back afterwards I see that setting not saved)
    Simply does not change to Standard-IA when uploading but goes to Standard.
    Also when viewing bucket for objects that I set to Standard-IA directly through AWS console it show "Standard" in Explorer under Storage class column.
    Any ideas? IS this a limitation of Free version or a bug?
  • David Gugick
    I’ve asked the support team to check. I’ll reply when I hear back.
  • Stephan
    Hi David,

11 days ago and still no feedback?
  • David Gugick
    See if this blog post helps. If these are the directions you're already following, I'd suggest opening a Support case. I've reached out to the team in the interim to see if they have any other ideas.
    https://s3browser.com/standard-infrequent-access.aspx
  • Stephan
    Thanks David will have a look
  • Matt
    Any possible automation is prohibited in the free version. You can only change storage class for the already uploaded files.

Regarding how files appear on storage side: Do you see that files were already transferred to IA in AWS console? Did you try refreshing the tab in Explorer after confirming that the files were moved?
  • Stephan

Thanks for clarifying. I switched to Cloudberry Backup which is more suited to what I want to achieve.
  • tms320
    Is it possible to set storage class for "S3 compatible" storage (not Amazon)?
  • Matt
    Not yet, that's planned for one of the future releases.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment