• Jeff Schwefler
    I decided to add a folder to an existing backup plan by editing the existing plan. When I drilled down to the folder on the wizard's source selection panel, the parent folder exists but the folder i am looking to add does not appear. I verified via the windows operating system explorer and the folders are present. This is even more odd since there are 5 folders in the parent and 2 show up but the other 3 do not. I tried a refresh in the source selection panel with no help. I also double checked permissions on the folders, everything looked fine. There is nothing special about these folders (that I am aware of). One other factor, the folders were present when the original backup plan was created, just not selected at that time. Any suggestions?
  • David Gugick
    Support would be better able to diagnose the reason these folders are not showing up. You can open a support ticket right in the product from Tools | Diagnostic (type in your name, email address, and description of the problem). Thanks.
  • FlashAbercrombie
    Me too. Folder definitely exists, but CB can't see it. Doesn't matter if run as Admin or regular user.
    We've been backing this folder up for years with no problem so either something in Windows has changed or something in CB has changed. Or both I guess....
    I've created a ticket: 75375
  • Julia
    @Jeff Schwefler @FlashAbercrombie This is a Microsoft update (OneDrive Files On-Demand) that affected OneDrive folder attributes (Reparse point). So now CloudBerry Backup (as most other backup apps) considers such folders as symlink and ignores them.
    We are aware of the issue and going to consider a fix soon (in July or so). As for now we can suggest to remove Reparse Point manually.
  • FlashAbercrombie
    @Jeff Schwefler Thanks Julia. I might have had a small success with this.
    1. Open One Drive Settings
    2. Go to the Settings Tab
    3. Uncheck "Save space and download files as you use them".

After I did this and rebooted the One Drive folder showed up in the wizard and the backup ran successfully.

HTH
    Scott
  • Julia
    Cool - thanks a lot for sharing your findings here!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment