• bk256
    What is recommended bandwidth or upload/download speed to use Cloudberry as a virtual drive. We have a small team and I want to make sure there is sufficient bandwidth for a responsive virtual drive. I want to drive users exclusively to virtual drive to save all their files and want to make sure there are reasonable benchmarks around this.

Thanks.
  • David Gugick
    I think it's one of those times where we have to say, "It depends" :-)

I say that because it's going to depend on how frequently files are created/updated/accessed and how large the files are. It also depends on how much bandwidth you have available, contention from other sources, and how much you need dedicated for other business needs.

My usual recommendation is to leave the bandwidth setting at the defaults and see if everything works for you without issue. If so, then no need to mess with bandwidth. If, however, you notice other activities have additional latency, then consider limiting Drive based on what you have available. If you have a 150 Mbit connection and need to adjust, consider giving Drive up to 100 Mbit and adjust down or up from there.

Also make sure your Drive Cache folder is on a drive with sufficient speed. By default it's in the Windows Temp folder, but consider moving it to a drive with more speed/bandwidth if the default drive is busy.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment