• sanferno
    Hi,

I'm testing to backup the data hard drive in my PC to Glacier and I've set a profile to store Image Based Backups in S3. Then I've configured a lifecycle policy to change that IBB to Glacier tier after 0 days.

My doubts are:

1. If I perform a restore plan of the whole HDD, does it counts as one request and the amount of GB it includes, or there are more requests?

2. Under the same conditions, if I perform a restore plan at file level in that HDD backups, will I be charged for the full HDD retrieval or just the size of the single file? For instances, I thinking of keeping that backups for 90 days, once a week full backup, daily parcial backup with the aim of not accesing that data but, if for whatever reason, I need one file (or just a few), it would be interesting to use expedited retrievals if only the size of the file counts and not the whole backup.

Best regards,

• JuliaAccepted Answer
    When you restrore a whole HDD, it initiates a single data retrieval request (pricing is per GB) and then you pay for "data transfer out" per GB . For file-level restore, you will have a single data retrieval request for a whole HDD again but the download (data transfer out from Amazon S3 to Internet - per GB) occurs for selected files only.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment