• QiQQ
    Hello,

I love the option for syntetic full images, it saves a lot of time when uploading. As I can read you are already busy developing it for other cloud providers, and I can understand that every provider has it own way to program it. But is it technical difficult to also implement this on USB drives and shares, so the hybrid back-up feature can be used with this?

I have been testing some days with synthetic full back-ups, and it works awesome. But it's always nice to have a back-up thats not in the cloud, because of the datatraffic and restore time. Is this something we can expect in the future?
  • Matt
    Hi,

Synthetic full for local backups along with cloud ones is something we currently work on. Target release for this feature is version 6.1.
  • QiQQ
    That will be very nice, will this also be implemented for Hyper-V back-up?

I'm new to Cloudberry but can it be combined with the Dedup server, so when you back-up 20 virtual machines based on Windows 2016, not 20 times Windows 2016 will be backed-up?
  • Steve D
    I just asked support exactly the same question. I couldn't work out why I wasn't getting the Synthetic option for my Hybrid backup.

Having Synthetic and Hybrid together would be a very good feature.
  • Steve D
    Is there an approximate release date for version 6.1 with Synthetic Hybrid option?
  • Matt
    Yes, Synthetic Full for Hyper-V/VMWare backups is also in the works.

Regarding Dedup - yes, that is possible.

No ETA on the release date yet, unfortunately.
  • QiQQ

I think CB 6.1 will be a little more in the future, but can you already say something about eta synthetic full for Hyper-V?
  • Matt
    There's still no ETA for that, although that's a highly popular feature, so it will be introduced soon.
  • MarkTR
    Hi, do you have an update when synthetic full will be about for hyper-v using S3?
  • Matt
    Q1 2019 is all I can give right now. There are also some neat things planned for client-side deduplication when GFS update rolls out.
  • MarkTR
    Do you have an update on this as Q1 is almost finished.
  • Matt
    A lot of things changed regarding that. Current target release version is 6.3. Estimated release window is this Summer.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to CloudBerry Lab Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in the discussions!