• zefoto
    Hi. Me again. :-)

I run CBB on Mac OS X and backup to a remote Minio server.

Some applications from a known office suite (from a company based in Seattle) automatically create files of type "script" somewhere in the /User directory, which files name include invalid characters for Minio (e.g. a "\"). Because of this the backup plans always ends with a Warning.

I don't really need to backup those "script" files. But the only solution I found was to manually deselect in the backup plan the application folders that include those script files.

I know that CBB allows to exclude some files from the backup based on the file type using an extension (e.g., .jpg), but the files above don't have any extensions. The Finder only says that they are of type "script".

Is there any way to exclude those type of files from the backup plan?

Thanks.
  • Gleb
    Hi Sylvain.
    AFAIK Mac OS defines the "script" type by content of the files, not by name. If this is correct and the files are not named by something specific (like if they were called scriptfile\X\X) - Backup filters won't be able to recognize those and exclude.

Here's what the filters can: exclude files that have something specific in their names (including file name extension).
    If the files are named something\anything.extension - you can either exclude them with [something*] filter or [*.extension] filter, maybe even with [*anything*] filter.
  • zefoto
    Thank you Caleb for the clarifications. I will check if I can find any pattern in the file name I can use to exclude a file.

Can I use *\* to exclude files that include a backslash?

Thanks again.
  • Gleb
    That should work. I don't think we tested it with the backslash though.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment