• ds2
    Hello,

retry options for failed jobs would be a nice thing. Such as X retrys every Y minutes (f.e. 3 retrys every 10 minutes).

Here one use case (I think there would be many more):

Imagesbaesd backup to nas is sheduled at 5 am an the option run missed jobs is checked. The machine is shuted down an turned on at 5:30 am. The nas sleeps and would be waked by the machine (send magic packet in autostart). So the job fails because nas isn't ready. But a retry in 2 minutes would work because then the nas is ready. Right now we miss the complete job becaus there is no retry option.

Geretings ds2
  • Julia
    Thanks for the request. Our backup is considered to have retry mechanism - let’s send diagnostic logs so that we can look into details why it fails instead of running a successful retry.
    Please go to Tools | Diagnostics, put a short description there and a link of this forum post to give a reference, use “Send to Support”.
  • ds2
    Hello,

now I have a deeper look on it. The jobs doesn't have the state "Failed". The state is "Completed with warnings". The warning is "The network path isn't available". But why this is just a warning and not a error? Bakup isn't realy completed".

Greetings ds2
  • Julia
    Could you please send diagnostic logs to let us investigate your case. The "Failed" status is considered as a global backup failure. If you have some files as successful and some failures, it completes with "Completed with warnings".
  • ds2
    Ticket-ID is 86930
  • Matt
    Thanks for providing the logs. I've added you to the list of people for this particular feature request. Basically, the software will continue upload after such connection errors normally. Target release is version 5.9.6.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment