• John Gage
    Performing a full disaster recovery test I'm trying to restore a domain controller on new hardware. The Cloudberry restore is successful but the files are not usable by the Windows server backup tool.

Here's the full process:
    Using Windows Server Backup I'm running a "Full Server" job including bare metal, system state, ...
    Resulting files are saved in a shared folder on a different server
    Cloudberry is installed on this second server and a file backup job backs up the XML, VHDX, ... files up to Amazon
    A restore job successfully retrieves the files but then Windows Server Backup claims that a valid backup does not exist in the directory

*Within Cloudberry compression is enabled. Encryption, File Name Encryption and Ransomware Protection are disabled.

I would blame the wonky Windows Server Backup tool but when I attempt to restore from the original files, those that were never pushed to Amazon via Cloudberry, I am able to finish the test restore. That's a nice test but in the event of a disaster all I'll have left are the files saved on Amazon.

Thoughts?
  • Matt

First of all, were the restored files the same as the ones you locally stored. I mean, were the produced buy the same system state backup used on the original machine? Does the restored data set have the same size and amount of files/folders as the locally stored one?

On server systems you can also perform system state backup via our software to check how it works, but some clarifications regarding the backup/restore process would help.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment