• Russ
    I am trying out the Linux version using the CLI (and GUI to some extent) and so far everything seems decent, except for filtering.

I see in the how-to guide for Linux it mentions using -f and -ef to include files/folders or exclude files/folders. However, none of the examples use any sort of pattern matching. Is it possible at all or is this not a feature of Linux backup? Can I only supply a full folder path to include or a full file path/folder to exclude?

I'm looking for things like

exclude *.jpg
    include partialnameorfolder*

standard posix wildcard matching against files/folders, or regex matching, anything really.
  • Gleb
    Hello , please check out my screenshots below, the wildcard seems to work perfectly for files - folder exclusions by filters will be supported in future.

Setting up a backup filter in GUI - back up anything that contains [trans] as a part of file name.
    n5a2csg8ac8792qv.png

Same screenshot from the WebUI.
    z9ex6fzblameyvur.png

The folder selected for backup contains 2 files that match the filter.
    yh5pow5wdsn3ttph.png

Backup storage after the plan ran successfully.
    77gvr8zhpvu8n4r8.png

It also works in CLI for addBackupPlan (editBackupPlan should allow it too, but apparently there's a bug). Related CLI guide
  • Russ
    Thanksm. The CLI guide on cloudberry website I was using didn't list the file type parameters in docs, but the guide you provided is better and has them.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment