• Sarah Mueller
    I am using Cloudberry Backup Ultimate Edition. Is there any possibility to set the number of parallel copy threads per individual backup plan?
    I have one specific plan where I need the copy process to be single-threaded (to LTFS) while all the other threads can be multi-threaded. So far I have only seen a general option for the entire application and I would have to change it, restart the service, run the plan and then change it back. Not very convenient.
  • Gleb
    Hi . There's no such option currently, but we plan to introduce it in the future at some point. I've added your request to the list.

I'd recommend this as a workaround:
    - edit your single-threaded backup plan
    - navigate to the step called Pre / Post Actions
    - enter this to the Pre-backup action field: ["C:\Program Files\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup\cbb.exe" option -t 1]
    - enter this to the Post-backup action field: ["C:\Program Files\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup\cbb.exe" option -t 6]
    - to check whether it worked: start the plan and check out the settings right away
    - do the same after the plan finishes

Note that the path to the cbb.exe and the number of threads may be different for you - in this case, obviously, you should adjust them.

By the way, restarting the service is unnecessary, the settings are read at the start of a backup plan.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment