• JohnS
    Taking the chance to get support through the forum;

I've been successfully using Cloudberry Remote for some time on two host computers, and I just installed Cloudberry on a new host computer and got stuck as follows. I'm using unattended access:

When using PIN to access, it works fine. I do however want/need to use the key.

When using the key to access, I get "Unattended access request failed: unable to connect, user credentials are invalid". This is my actual problem.

When using the key to access, but accessing as <Other user>, I get a brief connection request on the host as well as getting logged out (from Windows 10) as user on the host. When logging in again, I get an indication "Screen shared to to myclientcomputer" in the lower end of the host screen. On the client, I get the message "Connection lost".

When downloading Cloudberry RA, I used an email address that I can't reach. Not sure if that is of any relevance, but I mention it as I don't remember if there is a registration email that needs to be confirmed.

I have generated new keypairs a couple of times, and I have re-installed the software on the host computer.

I can still access the other two hosts from my client, so the client seems to be OK.

I suppose that the solution is just in front of me, but I can't see it.

Any ideas?

KR
    John
  • Gleb
    Hi . It's usually more efficient to contact but since it's a somewhat common issue, I'll gladly answer here.

I assume you are trying to connect to a Windows 10 (or Server 2016) machine

One of the latest updates to Windows 10 breaks authentication to a remote host in case some fields about the user are not filled.
    There's an article about it (https://lonelycoding.com/system-directoryservices-accountmanagement-principalcontext-broken-after-windows-10-update/), and this is a quote from it:

__
    The problem is caused by missing registry entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion, specifically: RegisteredOwner and RegisteredOrganization the Registry Editor by pressing Windows R and typing regedit.exe . Browse to the location above

Just right click on the CurrentVersion in the Registry Editor and select New > String Value. After you add each entry ( RegisteredOwner and RegisteredOrganization ) edit their values. You can use your username and company name respectively.
    __

Please follow the instructions from the article, it should resolve the issue once and for all. It will suffice if you enter "sdfsdf" or anything similar to both fields.

Let me know whether the issue persists after that or not.
  • JohnS
    Hi Gleb,
    Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated!
    The RegisteredOwner was already there, also with a value, but I had to add RegisteredOrganization and a value. I restarted the computer and tried to access it remotely, but unfortunately with the same result as before.
    Just to have it ticked off, I also did the same check in the client. Both strings where there, but I added a missing value for RegisteredOrganization.
    Restart and new test, but I'm sorry to say that there was no difference in behaviour.
    Anything else I could try?
  • Gleb
    Sorry for the delay. No ideas right away. Please do the following on both computers: Menu > Diagnostics > Send to support. Please refer to this thread and specify whether each machine is the remote host or the client.

Thanks in advance
  • burt
    i am also having the same problem has worked for over 1 week now
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal