• Carl Artinian
    This change in version 5.9 is a real problem for me. I use CloudBerry to nightly backup SQL DB and Transaction Log backup files. These files are generated by MS SQL maintenance jobs and they always have unique date/time components in their file names. The MS SQL maintenance jobs automatically delete files locally after a specified number of days. If I can't use the option to Delete cloud files that have been deleted locally, my cloud backups will continue to grow indefinitely because each file being backed up is a unique version. And I don't feel comfortable turning off the Enable Ransomware Protection since the Cloudberry backup jobs are also backing up user shared folders. This option was one of the reasons I chose Cloudberry earlier this year to do all my company's backups. Please put this option back and let us decide how we want to perform our backups. Thanks, Carl
  • Matt
    That'll be changed in version 5.9.4(we'll try to roll it out in December), according to our developers, but in general I would suggest to use SQL backup plans in such situations.
  • Carl Artinian
    Thanks for the update Matt. I'll be looking forward to it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment