• Howard
    I'm evaluating Cloudberry Backup, free version 5.9.3.26, backing up to Google Cloud Storage.

I wanted to see how the program would handle communication problems, so I started a backup job that would take about 40 minutes. I did this from the graphic interface, not from a command line.

About 3 minutes later, I disabled my network adapter. CBB immediately detected the error and scheduled a retry for 60 seconds later. It continued to retry about a dozen times, by which point I'd lost patience though the software hadn't, and I cancelled the job.

What would have happened if I hadn't cancelled? Would it have kept trying forever, or would it have hit an undocumented limit? Will the situation be the same if I use the paid version?

The "Setup connection options" screen says there's a limit of 3 attempts, but I suspect that's 3 attempts before starting another 60-second delay, not a limit on the number of 60-second delays.

I'm not sure whether it's better to continue trying indefinitely or to eventually stop trying, but I'd at least like to know which it is, so I can incorporate the answer into my planning.
  • Matt
    First the software actually performs 3 retries(or the amount you specified) and then it actually continues with another 99 retries after that, so currently that's expected and the application will try to upload the files for a long time.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment