• Luke M
    Greetings again!

I'd love for there to be an option to remote restore data from one endpoint to another. Two examples where this would be helpful:

(1) Migrating a user's data to a new workstation
    (2) Restoring data on a workstation that has been re-formatted

I know this is possible through the GUI on the workstation, but being to address this from the web console would be great. We currently deploy with the GUI disabled, though I know we could enable that and use a master password to protect access to it.

Luke
  • Matt
    I guess I would need some clarification to send this to our devs: how do you exactly want this to be implemented?
    Currently, if the software is already installed on a machine you can add account and select previous backup prefix via Remote Management section.
  • Luke M
    So, this can be done without launching the GUI on the client machine?

As long as I add the same account and change the backup prefix to the previous machine, I would then be able to create a backup plan through the MSPbackups website?
  • Matt
    Yes, the procedure is described here: https://mspbackups.com/Admin/Help.aspx?c=Contents/help_rm_restore_plan_man.html
    Help section also contains other useful tips & tricks regarding remote management.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment