• Gérald PETITEVILLE
    Hello,

How could one deploy a scheduled consistency check to every computer I manage? I can't find the option with the rules/configurations.

Thank you
  • Gleb
    Hello , there's currently no way to do this, but we consider such a possibility for the future updates. I've added you to the list. Sorry for the inconvenience
  • Gérald PETITEVILLE
    Hello Gleb,

Would the "Synchronize local repository with backup storage before plan runs" checkbox within the pre/post actions backup options do the same as a consistency check?
    Reading the docs about both didn't really shone a light to me.

Thanks
  • Matt
    Essentially, yes, they use the same logic, but consistency check also performs internal comparison between the old info and the new one and adds it to the database.
  • Gérald PETITEVILLE
    Thank you Matt.

So what would CloudBerry Best Practices recommends?
    Scheduling consistency check (every week, month?), plus checking the synchronization of the repository on every backup plans?

What are the downsides?

I'm sorry, maybe I've missed the articles in the documentation, if you can point those to me ?

Have a sweet day
  • Matt
    In general, running consistency check once a week is a good idea, just make sure no other plans are running at that time. This way, in case there are any problems with cloud synchronization, the software will fix them automatically.
    More info on consistency check functionality can be found in our help section.
  • Gérald PETITEVILLE
    Thank you Matt.

We'll implement weekly consistency check on all of our backup storages.
    That being said, if understood correctly, synchronizing the repository on every backup plan (the checkbox in the pre/post action) should not be checked (as the doc you sent me is about restore plans)?
  • Gérald PETITEVILLE
    oh, and is it still not possible deploy a consistency check plan? It seems appropriate to do so after your explanation.
  • Matt
    Consistency checks work per destination, not per plan. Currently they can only be created remotely, but not deployed via "remote deploy" functionality.
  • Gérald PETITEVILLE
    Okay I have set weekly check plans for every destination now. Thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment