• Sandra
    Hello,

I will be upgrading our server and have Cloudberry Backups and another program for simply copy of data, and I want know if there is any difference in terms of quality of data when copying or restoring all data back to the server?

Thanks!
  • David Gugick
    The data restored will be as it was when it was backed up. But maybe you're asking something else. If you're referring to deleted files being restored, you can prevent that with the appropriate options on backup and restore. When you say "copy" of data, do you mean backup, or something else?

Any additional details might be helpful. Thanks.
  • Sandra
    HI David,

What I meant was, if there is any difference when you copy data versus backing up
    the same files when it comes to putting them on to new computer per say?
    I am most concerned about the quality of media files like movies and music for example.
    Basically, does anything happen over time when you repeatedly copy or restore backup data to a new hard drive? I have noticed that some older movies that have been copied over like from 10 years ago seem to have some issues like jitters in some parts.

I just want to be sure of best practices for keeping data as close to original - especially when it comes to movies.

Thanks!
    Sandra
  • Matt
    There's absolutely no difference between the original and the copy of the same file. The problems with the video files you mentioned are most likely related to codec issues on the OS itself.
  • Sandra
    Hi Matt,

Thank you for clarifying that!
    I will research codec possibility issues
    with some of our older videos that have
    the jitters.

Best,
    Sandra
bold
italic
underline
strike