• Chris Minichiello
    I am using CloudBerry explorer but have not been able to get Glacier vault inventories to download. The vaults themselves are showing up fine but running Get Inventory multiple times and waiting multiple days yields only error messages stating "The job id was not found". The AWS permissions are set to Full Glacier Access. I use the S3-Glacier lifecycle management for new files but have legacy files loaded directly to Glacier that I need to access. Thanks for any help!
  • Sergey N
    Hello Chris,

As i can see you have a similar ticket in our support system, we will continue the investigation in it. Let us know if you have any other questions or issues. Thank you.
  • Virshu
    Is there a resolution for this issue? It looks like only archives that have been uploaded with Cloudberry Explorer are shown in Cloudberry. Archives that are uploaded using AWS CLI tools or SDK are not shown.
  • Matt
    That's currently an expected functionality. AWS CLI uploads data simply as an archive without any tags to track the file. As far as I'm aware that's how most of the applications work when uploading data to Glacier.
  • Virshu
    The expected functionality is *not* to show archives unless they were uploaded by Cloudberry? Seriously? While you are right - there are no tags that are created automatically, what difference does it make?

First, user may create archive description during upload... just like Cloudberry does - only more meaningful to the user. So you can show ArchiveDescription field, regardless how it was created.
    Second, even if there is no Description, - there is still ArchiveId (meaningless, of course); but also creation date and size. Finally, there is a hash - so I can check for duplicates by sorting on hash.

In summary, not showing archives at all sounds like a bug... And to say that it is expected functionality is very strange, to say the least.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment