• Noah Abrahamson
    I had initiated a repository synchronization via the GUI and now regret that action. I'd like to do that via command line. What are the consequences of cancelling the action via the "Close" button?

The information dialogue is kind of confusing. It says "Synchronization will be interrupted. Some of the files can be backed up again. Do you really want to close this dialog?" — Will cancelling or closing the dialogue window actually stop the synchronization, or will it continue in the background? Or, will it leave the database in a dangerous state? Finally, does the "Synchronization count" correspond with the number of files?
  • Gleb
    Hi .

Repository synchronization is basically: list the storage contents, compare to the local DB (aka repository) records, add new or correct old records if the storage contents differ.

That said, there should be no need to run repository sync unless you expect that there were any changes to the stored data made outside of this installation (it's a local DB) of CloudBerry Backup.
    In general we highly recommend to forbid such changes anyway.

Now if you start repository synchronization and stop it before it finishes - the worst thing that can happen is your repository is not properly synced. I doubt about a more dangerous state than when some data is not visible (because it was not synced).
    Yes, "Synchronization count" is exactly the number of files that have been compared to repository so far
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment