• Jim Clary
    Appears this is not working under the following:
    - create a file then rename it (say from 'new text file' to 'test') before a backup is performed. On 'real tile' schedule this would be within a minute. This is a common occurrence for me, as I use the right-click>new option in file explorer (windows) then rename the file.
    - the next backup history shows 'Info about one deleted file' & backups the renamed file (test).
    - however the renamed file is not restored when a restore is made with the 'restore deleted files' not selected.

I appears that the problem only occurs when the file creation & rename is made between backup runs. I realize this is a low probability event, but in my opinion is serious, as one would never get this file restored even if it is modified.

• MattAccepted Answer
    Perhaps you're misunderstanding the intended purpose of the option.
    This option is used when you're restoring large quantities of files that were deleted by, let's say, simply selecting the whole folder and restoring everything to the original location.

The option is not related to "delete files that have been deleted locally" functionality.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment