• Marlon
    Hi All.
    I get an error "Warning. One or more backup files are encrypted"
    It seems to be a folder that I am backing up with some of my customers .jpg files but I cannot find a solution.
    Any help on this would be helpful.
    Thanks
    Marlon
  • David Gugick
    That may be a Ransomware warning if you have that option enabled on the backup plan. If everything is operating correctly on the PC, it’s likely a false positive warning. You can review the files from the backup plan page in CloudBerry Backup to mark them ok.
  • Matt
    Most likely some of the files are encrypted via EFS. We're already working on resolving that problem(by using backup operators group), but currently the only option to back those files up is to decrypt them.
  • Marlon
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for the fast response. It isn't ransomware. The files seems to be some marketing folder and i am unsure why the folder would be encrypted.It wasn't encrypted on the server as far as I am aware.
    I have looked though the options to see if there is any options to encrypt but no luck so far.
    How would you guys proceed?
    Thanks
  • David Gugick
    If this is Windows Encryption then you can check to see if that setting is enabled in Windows via the parent folder or at the file-level (could be set either way). Click on File | Properties, Advanced, and check the Encrypt Contents to Secure Data setting. If the files in question should not be encrypted, then you can disable the setting.
  • Marlon
    Hi David
    This was it. I couldn't select the folder and see the encryption settings. I had to go into the folder, highlight all files then go the the settings you mentioned and deselect it and all the files backed up successfully
    Thanks again
  • BillCox
    I am also getting this same message on a backup I just created. Most of the folders I am backing up contain images. When I click the warning link in the application it doesn't tell me what files were encrypted. The History report doesn't list any files under "Failed". How do I determine which files or folders are encrypted?
  • David Gugick
    You can see them in the folder if you turn on the Windows Folder Option to show encrypted files in a different color. It's also in the logs.
  • BillCox
    Hi David, I checked the logs and while there were some error messages on files, none mentioned encryption as the issue. The only time it was mention in the log was right at the end:

2019-04-16 17:32:13,284 [SERV] [1] WARN - One or more backup files are encrypted

However the first incremental backup job ran last evening and there were no error messages related to encryption (no errors at all) so I think all is well. Thanks for you reply.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment