• SaulF
    Is there no option to shut down my PC when a backup operation is complete?

All other backup software I've used before has had this, and it's something I use all the time before logging off for the day.

Does Cloudberry Backup really not have this option or am I just not seeing it? I've Googled it and searched the Help / Knowledgebase without finding a single reference to this very basic function.

• GlebAccepted Answer
    Hi , you can make a batch script that shuts down the PC and set this script to be executed as a post-backup action if backup is successful. There is a step in the backup plan wizard for that
  • David Gugick
    Some information on the SHUTDOWN.EXE utility that can help you shut down a computer from a command-line script. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/shutdown . If you do not set a timeout, Windows will shut down 30 seconds after command execution. If you have multiple backup plans running on the same computer, you can use the Backup Chaining feature to run the plans in sequence and shut down after the last backup plan completes.
  • SaulF
    Thanks for the answers @Gleb and @David Gugick. That will definitely do the trick.

Not quite as simple a checkbox, but much more flexible doing it this way :smile:
  • David Gugick
    Just so you know, the feature to add a shutdown option is already in our system. I do not have a release date, but we are aware some customers are asking for the feature.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment