• Morbii
    Hello!

I'm enjoying the product (well, as much as one can enjoy a backup product), and I had a few feature requests. I figured this was the best place to put them.

1. Registry Backup: The ability to back up & restore part or all of the registry. With the ability to make selections similar to file paths. This would be HUGE when considering that many applications use the registry for settings.

2. Ability to create source locations similar to creating backup storage accounts. One could then choose a known source location for backing up, choose paths directly (like currently), or both. I have two plans for nearly everything as I back up to NAS and the cloud (and I don't want to do local+cloud). If I need to modify them to add new paths, it's a huge pain. If I had backup sources, it would be easy.

3. Show the file paths included on the same screen where you're choosing them (i.e. the same information that goes on the confirmation page).

4. Ability to "run only this" for backup plans that are part of a backup chain.

These next ones are much more usability based for configuration and probably aren't simple to do, so maybe aren't worth it for your time:

1. Better way to show a backup chain, such as a tree-based visualization instead of a list-based one.

2. An improved settings window: a settings tree on the left-hand side where you can choose between the various option pages at will, with the ability to save at any place. This would reduce having to click through a dozen property pages to tweak one setting.

Anyway, it's an exciting product, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do with it in the future!
  • Matt
    Hi!

Forwarded this info to our developers for consideration, some these improvements are already on the way.
  • Morbii
    Awesome, thanks Matt!

Out of curiosity (if you're allowed to say), which of these are on the way?

I think for me, the registry one is the most important as the other are all convenience items, really. But I'd like them all, of course :)
  • Matt
    You're welcome! Feature implementation depends on the popularity of that particular feature, so the more people request something the quicker we introduce new functionality. Hope those 6 feature requests I created will gather some popularity among other customers too.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment