• Dan203
    I want to use Cloudberry Backup along with the $50/mo Azure credits I get with my MSDN account to replace CrashPlan. I set up a RealTime backup plan that included my User folder. It's been running for 2 weeks now and still hasn't uploaded everything. It seems to get tripped up by changes in folders like the Chrome cache directory in AppData changing constantly. Last time I checked it said the backup would complete in 3 YEARS!!!!

I looked at the docs and CrashPlan has a whole list of default file types and folders it excludes, specifically to avoid this issue. I'd like to copy that but in Cloudberry the only field input for exclusions is a single line text box. The default exclusions for CrashPlan are a couple hundred lines long. Is there another way to create a backup plan with a more advanced UI for exclusions? Or some other way to duplicate this functionality?

I really just want to gain the same functionality as CrashPlan or Carbonite. Where it backs up all the important files while ignoring the temp files and cache files.

If anyone has set up a similar backup plan can you export it to a file and share it so I can just import it?
  • Matt
    Currently the only option is to exclude these files/folders manually, but I filed a feature request on your behalf to our R&D.
  • Anton Zorin
    The real-time schedule in the backup wizard that we have is a near real-time backup.
    As of now runs every minute and pushes data to the cloud. It will never complete because the idea of it is to have its schedule to run every minute and upload changes to the cloud.
    In other words, it pushes data, wait for 1 minute, collecting changes on the filesystem in the meantime and transfers the next batch of files.
    Can you send a screenshot saying it will complete in 3 years? This is something unexpected, at least for me.
  • Dan203
    I don’t have a screenshot and I stopped it when I saw that so it's no longer running. I realize that realtime never "stops" but it never finished uploading all the files. It's like it got stuck in one of the directories that was constantly changing.
  • Matt
    It's better to send us the logs via tools > diagnostic menu if the plan gets "stuck" for some reason.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment