• Paul C
    Hi, I've updated to the latest Desktop Edition 6.0.2.22, and decided to try and create the recovery USB, as we all should :)

Some problems I've encountered:
    • First, I tried creating the ISO, and burn it with Balena Etcher. Etcher reports that it does not look like the media is bootable, and may not work. When I tried it, it didn't work.
    • I tried creating the medium directly to a device, and it did work on an 8GB USB 2.0 stick. I indicated to install the Cloudberry Remote Assistant, and used a master password.
    • However, when I booted from the stick, and tried to get Remote Assistant started - I got a dialog box saying that the .NET Framework 4.5.1 was needed, and not installed. It asks if you would like to install it - a click on "Yes" yields no results. It won't click, or do anything.
    • I used the "tools" menu to check "ipconfig" to ensure the machine had DHCP, and network access. It did have an IP, and gateway - but my accounts (local LAN storage, and Google Drive Storage) were not accessible from the restore application - a "refresh" ended up with an endless wait of "refreshing" spinning circles.
    • I've tried re-creating the USB stick with a larger, 16GB USB 3.0 stick which is known good - but now the "Make Bootable USB" dialog box will not find any USB devices. Freshly formatting both a 16 and 32 GB sticks did not resolve the issue - the application won't recognize it.

I've been using your backup for some time, mostly successfully - but these issues are concerning me that I cannot even do a bare metal restore successfully.

I'm on Windows 10 Home, with the latest updates.

Any tips that I can follow up on?

Thanks in advance.
  • Matt
    You don't need Remote assistant to restore the data, but the issue with .NET is most likely a connection one.

As for the data restoration itself, most likely the software was trying to synchronize the repository after the first launch.

Try using "restore only" mode(under "advanced settings" to check if the software's still in "refreshing" state.

If that still fails please create a support ticket regarding that mentioning this forum thread.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment