• Robert Heath
    I attempted to delete a repository in Wasabi. A dropdown appeared indicating that the Wasabi UI is an inefficient way to delete repositories. Does the Cloudberry backup utility provide a convenient, fast manner to delete repositories?

• Matt
    You can delete the data via the backup storage tab in software GUI. Just right-click on any file/folder and select "delete".
  • Robert Heath
    That method appears to be VERY SLOW! In fact you have to wonder if the app is locked up. I see a dialog box saying "Initializing" and nothing seems to happen.
  • Robert Heath
    I was actually deleting from the "Edit Account" window. That is very SLOW! Is the Backup Storage window faster?
  • Matt
    All of that depends on the amount files you have in the cloud. In some situations deleting data via native storage functionality is quicker, especially if you have a lot of files.
  • Robert Heath
    The problem here is that the Cloudberry app crashes or hangs, A LOT! So when the user has to abort Cloudberry backup and clean up the mess, is the backup corrupt? I have to assume that the backup is corrupt. So how do you delete the corrupt repository? Deleting the repository will hang too! Or deleting a small repository that is 50GB or so can TAKE DAYS!

I am not impressed with Cloudberry.
  • MattAccepted Answer
    The files are not corrupted, the software will upload what it can before cancelling the job, beaning that all files that have been transferred to the storage side will stay there safely.

As for crashes, we would need diagnostic logs from the machine sent to us via tools > diagnostic menu to investigate that. Make sure you're on the latest version.
  • Robert Heath
    How can I tell if I am on the latest version? I have two different installations of Cloudberry backup for Windows with the same version that have a different user interface.
  • Matt
    Seems like you're already on 6.0.2, so that's good.
    To avoid confusion and creating additional threads here I suggest to continue in our ticket system.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment