• BackItUpBeepBeepBeep
    Hi.

I am a new user of CloudBerry Backup. I have configured a File backup from our server to Amazon S3. So far everything's working great!

I would like a colleague of mine to be able to restore data from the backup, but with absolutely no possibility of modifying the backup itself - i.e. the backup should be read-only to him.

I have installed CloudBerry Backup in Restore Only mode on his PC. This seems to almost be a solution, except that the installation could be switched to a standard edition of CBB, keeping the storage account credentials in place, and thereby gaining write access to the backup.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
  • Matt
    There's no such functionality yet for standalone products, currently it's only available for the managed backup version of the software.
  • BackItUpBeepBeepBeep
    Thank you for the quick response.

As an IT provider to small businesses, this feature would be a big help to me. Is there any method to "up vote" this feature request?
  • Matt
    I understand the need for such functionality but the implementation for this feature will not happen in the nearest time. If you have a concept on how to implement this on our side I'll be glad to forward this feedback to our developers.
  • BackItUpBeepBeepBeep
    I'm sure there are other (probably better) ways to do it, but one idea would be to have an option when creating the storage account to make those credentials available only in Restore mode. They would be hidden (preferably in a secure manner) when in Backup mode.
  • Matt
    That'll be quite problematic to implement, but I'll consult with our devs on your case.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment