• Tylan
    I'm having issues on a Hyper-V Host. When the backup runs I'm getting this error:

Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer' writer status is invalid. State: FailedAtPrepareSnapshot, Failure: WriterErrorNonRetryable

Support ticket has been opened, and the suggestions are to disable integrations, and change the checkpoints to standard. I haven't made those changes because this happens infrequently. It started a few months back. In looking at the past month's backup I see 8 times it did this, while all the other days it worked fine (22 or 23 successes). I wasn't sure what changing those setting would do... impact-wise. Also, it seems unlikely that they are the issue since the jobs work like 75% of the time.

One more thing, if I run the job as soon as I get the failure email (withing maybe an hour) the job will run fine. I have never had a manual job fail.

I saw another post here similar, but it didn't seem to have a resolution. Anyone else having this?
  • Matt
    I see that ticket has "Escalated to developers" status, and steps regarding integrations/checkpoints are a part of a standard troubleshooting procedure. I suggest to continue conversation in this ticket.
  • Tylan
    I missed that they escalated the ticket to development. So, maybe they saw something in the logs.
  • John Cadaing
    Is there any updates on this? I am having the same sort of issue.
  • Matt
    Better to send us diagnostic logs regarding that, VM team needs to have a look at this.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment