• david44
    Today I've gained remote desktop access to another computer and have tried the file transfer feature.
    However I've tried to upload from my pc, and the download from the other pc and can't get it to work. I must have missed a trick. Any guidelines please?
  • HarryB
    Could you explain what happens when you try to in more details?
  • david44
    On my pc I select OPTIONS, File Transfers, Browse to a test folder I created containing a simple file. That done I can't find the next step when I actually send it. I've tried the opposite on the remote pc and still nothing is transferred.
  • HarryB
    Check the following video out: https://youtu.be/rmhOS8bP0Yw?t=251

Please let me know if it's not too helpful.
  • david44
    Many thanks the video was very helpful. Job done.
  • HarryB
    Perfect, thanks for the feedback!
  • Pete
    Hello,

Upload files works for me, but downloading files from the remote computer did not work. The Download files at the bottom of the file transfer window does nothing when I click it. I need to be able to download small files (documents, etc.) from the remote PC.
  • HarryB
    File transfer in Remote Assistant can only be "pro-active" which means that you would need to "send" the files from one PC to another instead of trying to download them.

Please let me know if you have any remaining questions.
  • PeteMc
    I'm also unable to upload a file from the remote machine.

Once I drill down to the file, RA does not actually select/open the file. The dialog box stays open for me to keep drilling down even though there's nowhere else to go.

BUG REPORT: Also, if the Desktop, Documents folder, etc. have been moved, RA does not find the path. Mine have been moved to a "Data" folder for easier syncing between desktop and notebook.

You get the standard dialog box:
    cbnypz255k8zclpz.png

UPDATE: Rebooted the remote machine and I was able to do file transfers.
  • HarryB
    Thanks for the feedback! We'll take this into account.
  • WAZAD
    HI

i am getting the same error as Petemc above. i am trying to upload a file from the pc that i have accessed remotely. i have tried applying compatibility, running as administrator. no luck. reboot, no luck

it seems to be due to the unattended access setting, even with the encryption. i made it attended access with a pin, and then could upload. is there a work around?
  • David Chambers
    Planning to move from Teamviewer. One thing that I feel will greatly improving file transfers is: to implement drag and drop files from one computer to the other, just as Teamviewer does.
    Is this a future possibility?
  • Gleb
    Hi , yes, we consider drag and drop for the future development
  • Gleb
    Hi , please use Menu > Diagnostic to send the diagnostic info to our Support Team (this will open a support ticket right away). Thanks in advance
  • David Chambers
    Thanks Gleb. I have now mastered remote file transfer. It will be great to have drag an drop in the future.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment