• Altay Ayyuce
    G'day - I recently updated from my Trial version of Cloudberry Windows Desktop Backup to the 'Pro' version and when I now configure a new Backup Plan, I don't get the option to choose whether it's an Incremental or Block backup or when to do a Full Backup? I'm doing Hybrid backups to both my local NAS and AWS Glacier and am running Build 5.9.0.319 on Cloudberry Backup Desktop Edition. Also the backups I did using the Trial version gave me a summary of the Full and Incremental backup history under the 'Backup Storage' tab - which I no longer see in the 'Pro' version.

The backups I'm doing are:
    Backup A: Source - Local Windows 10 Drive, Destination - Hybrid (NAS & AWS Glacier)
    Backup B: Source - Files on NAS, Destination - AWS Glacier

Is there somewhere in the Configurations I can go to choose these option?

Any help appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Altay.
  • Matt
    Unfortunately, this is related to peculiar properties of Glacier storage class, block-level mode is not available for this destination. Perhaps previously you used S3 for your backups.

If you want to utilize block-level backups it's better to use S3. In case of Glacier the files that were not changed will not be re-uploaded, but the files that were changed will be re-uploaded in full.
  • Altay Ayyuce
    Matt - thanks for the explanation! Yes, I may have used S3 in the first instance.

Is there a way to specify when to do another FULL backup or again do I not get the option because of Glacier and everyting is incremental?

Cheers,
    Altay
  • Matt
    Backups to Glacier are always considered "full" in the sense that if the files were changed in any way the software will re-upload them, unchanged files will not be re-uploaded.
  • Altay Ayyuce
    Thx again Matt. Much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Altay.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention