• smccloud
    Hello,
    At work, I use CloudBerry backup to backup production VM images to Backblaze B2, however I'd like it to upload them only between 7pm and 7am. Right now I'm doing a realtime backup to accomplish this. Would switching to a normal scheduled backup only backup items that did not finish the previous night?
  • Matt
    Hi!
    Yes, regular scheduled backups will work fine and continue upload as intended.
    We actually recommend using standard backup plans instead of the real-time ones, especially if you're backing up large amounts of data.
  • smccloud
    Matt,
    As an update to this, is it possible to have a scheduled backup run for 12 hours M-F and then all day outside that time? I.e. not run 7am to 7pm M-F so we are not uploading during business hours?
  • Matt
    Currently this can only be achieved by using 2 backup plans, but I've filed a feature request to our developers to make it possible to specify schedule for each day of the week separately.

Here's an example of how to set up Mon-Fri schedule for the first plan
    13staboyhc5r0nk3.png

For the second plan you would need to simply select the same files and specify similar settings to the ones below:
    821qxdr01pjawkwh.png
  • smccloud
    It could be done by setting no schedule and using the windows task scheduler as well, right?
  • Matt
    Do you mean somehow stopping our software by Windows Task Scheduler? Not sure if I understand you correctly and if that would be actually the most efficient way of doing things.
  • smccloud
    Looking through the documentation you could do the following

• cbb plan -r planid to start it
    • cbb plan -s planid to stop it
    So two scheduled tasks, one to start the plan on M-F and another to stop the plan on M-Th.
  • Matt
    That's a very old guide from 8 years ago, so it will be easier to set it up natively in our software using 2 plans to avoid any issues with scheduling on Windows side, at least until we implement separate scheduling for each day of the week.
  • smccloud
    Ok, I'll use two schedules. I have a weekday one set to end the run after 12 hours (M-Th 7pm to 7am) and a weekend one set to end the run after 60 hours (F 7pm to M 7am). Should accomplish the limiting of bandwidth to Backblaze we want.
  • Andrey

Probably you just need to limit bandwidth?

You can set limit for business hours in Tools->Options->Bandwidth.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment