• General Inquiry
    Hi, every time I try to sync, it just freezes after a few files. Logs contain this message:

2018-02-13 14:29:36,318 [S3] [5] ERROR - Failed to get list of CloudFront distributions
    System.Exception
    User: arn:aws:iam::546950514302:user/trvsvr05 is not authorized to perform: cloudfront:ListDistributions

How do i fix this?
  • Ted Kopylovskiy
    It seems like your IAM user doesn't have enough permissions to access your CloudFront distributions.
    Please grant permissions more for your IAM user by performing these steps:

1) Open the AWS Console and go to IAM https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/
    2) Go to Users, choose your User
    3) Press "Add permissions" and select "Create a new policy"
    4) Enter some name, some policy description and the following as policy document:

{
    "Version": "2012-10-17",
    "Statement": [
    {
    "Sid": "AllowAllCloudFrontPermissions",
    "Effect": "Allow",
    "Action": ["cloudfront:*"],
    "Resource": "*"
    }
    ]
    }

5) Tick the corresponding checkboxes out
    6) Press "Next:Review"
    7) Press "Add permissions"
  • Jonathan
    Ted, I'm having the same issue.. Why does the Explorer need access to CloudFront to sync files with s3?

Thanks, Jonathan
  • Denis Gorbachev

Hi, this used to be a needed option once in a while. Now it's a legacy thing. We will remove it in one of the next releases.
  • Keith Rhea
    Has this been fixed yet or is there a workaround? We have users that only use CB to sync S3 bucket so that is what their IAM policy allows. They constantly trigger security alerts for unauthorized access.
  • Julia
    Unfortunately, there is no progress with the fix yet. I have bring it up again. Thanks for the request.
  • Keith Rhea
    - Thanks for the response Julia! We have a number of users in our environment that use the Cloudberry tool, so any help on fixing would be great appreciated. In the meantime - is there anything on the client we could try and configure as a workaround to prevent it from trying to list CloudFront Distributions?
  • Julia
    The only thing you can do is adjust IAM policy to allow listing CloudFront distributions. Please find the instructions above on this thread. Please let me know if it works for you.
  • Keith Rhea
    Ok - Thanks. What is the best way for me to track this being fixed?
  • Julia
    This is not a priority fix for now. We keep this thread in the bug description so once it is addressed we will update the thread.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment