• donbryn
    I have 2 backup plans. If both are running, one of them always sits at "Search modified files!" but then never starts running, even after the other plan finishes. I fear this might be a bug. My 2nd plan has been sitting there for 10 hours and still shows "Files Searched: 0".

I know this plan works because if I start it first, it runs and the other one seems to sit there doing nothing. Is this a bug? Or is there something I can do to fix it?

As it is now, I'm not sure how to jumpstart that plan over again. What I just did was click "Stop"--which doesn't appear to do anything. But then I quit the GUI and relaunch and that plan is not running, so the button worked but the GUI did not update. A GUI bug? Now that the other plan isn't running, pushing play works--the plan starts to run normally.

Does this mean 2 plans will never run on a mac if they happen to overlap in time.
  • Gleb
    Hi . There is a bug when under specific circumstances 2 plans indeed don't run at the same time. For us to make sure whether it is the case or not please send diagnostic logs from the Feedback menu - add "for Caleb, from forum" to the description and press Send. Thanks in advance.
  • donbryn
    I will try, but it might have to wait until I try the beta because logs seem to hang right now.
  • donbryn
    I installed the beta but trying to send the feedback still times out. The app hung again today. I'm only running one plan which worked for at least a day, but then hung. I let it go for hours but nothing changed except the run timer. I installed the Beta which forced a restart and then the logs showed a few more files didn't upload seemingly after the GUI hung. The error was more than one upload using auth token. . . If I could get the logs to send you would be able to see!
  • Sergey
    You mentioned in one of the posts that you enabled Debug level logging. Are you still on Debug logging? That would explain the troubles with sending logs to us..
    They are numerous and extra heavy, being extra detailed.. Please consider switching back to lower level logging.
  • Gleb
    , also after switching you might want to clear the logs manually - anything under this name "/opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/logs/log_worker"*
    Otherwise they will be cleared automatically after the set number of days (the default is 3 days).
  • donbryn
    OK, switched debugging. Before deleting logs I'm looking through the logs. the GUI shows that it's doing something, but my network monitor tells me CBB has not sent anything out in hours. I found the last 2 logs where anything happened. After that it's about 3 hours worth of the same entry over and over with different time stamps.
  • donbryn
    That previous post was actually still sitting here from yesterday. I guess I never hit "Post" but the forum stored it in memory. . .

This morning, the app did NOT hang. That's the first time. Wooho!

BUT, the GUI says it is again loading that same file that has been hung every other morning, but the "Files Copied" number IS increasing. AND my network monitor shows that data IS going out. AND I see folder number 4 appearing on the storage server.

The logs also show constant uploads, though the last time the GUI's current file appears in the logs is yesterday at 11:30am, which it looks like was when I upgraded to the Beta, so the service was stopped and restarted.

In other words, the service is working, but the GUI is still displaying the file name from last time it hung, though it is copying other files.
  • Gleb
    , that's unexpected. We need the latest diagnostics, please refer to the ticket #98103. Thanks in advance
  • donbryn
    I already sent the logs right after I posted and put "For Caleb" in the description.
  • Gleb
    Cool. Let me get back to it after I sort out something else here
  • Gleb
    Don, do you mind if we continue further communication within our ticket system? It should be more convenient for both of us to have all the info in one place. I will post my answer there
  • pribyl
    Did this ever get resolved? I see it was taken offline 8 months ago, but I have pretty much exactly the same symptoms today
  • Gleb
    Hi , yes, it is supposed to be resolved by now. Please use the Feedback button in the top control menu to send the diagnostics to our Support Team.
    Thanks for understanding
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet