• DaveV
    Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1
    Cloudberry Backup 5.9.0.330

I recently found the Real-Time Backup Option on the Schedule page on a different client (A) setup. I went to client (B) setup to look for this option and it is not shown. I checked the versions of CBB. Same. Client (B) is an older client who has used earlier versions of the CBB. Client (A) is brand new.

Where is or why am I not seeing Real-Time Backup option on Client (B)?
  • David Gugick
    Are you creating a new backup plan or trying to edit an exiting one? The option is available only when creating a new plan.
  • DaveV
    oops! I have answered my own question apparently. It seems Real-Time Backup Option is only for Cloud Accounts, not local or Hybrid accounts?

If the above is actually the case, then what procedure to others use when using CBB for both Local and Cloud backup? Do they create 2 separate jobs - one for Cloud and one for Local, rather than Hybrid?
  • DaveV
    oh! In this case I was trying to edit an existing. So, If I were to create a new Hybrid then I would have the option?
  • DaveV
    I went through and attempted to create a new Hybrid backup job and Real-Time Backup still did not show up as an available option on the Schedule screen.
  • David Gugick
    Hybrid does not currently support Real-Time Backup. I have a feeling this was a design decision given the extra processing required to perform two copies, but I'll check with the team to see if they have any additional information.
  • DaveV
    great! thanks David!
  • David Gugick
    The only other thing I can add here is that because of some of the limitations in the real-time backup option, the preferred and recommended method is to use scheduled backups.

Here's a blog post that speaks more the pros/cons https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/real-time-backup/
  • DaveV
    Thanks for the suggestion and the link. I will read up on it now.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment