• Michael
    Hello,

I have a Windows 10 client that has both a local backup to an external drive and it also backups up to a backblaze bucket. These are two separate jobs.

Almost 100% of the time though the daily backup jobs fail with: The remote name could not be resolved: 'wsmspbackups.com". Simply clicking the blue triangle to run it again always succeeds. I have seen no other DNS issues on this machine.

I even added wsmpbackups to the windows host file to rule out DNS, but I am still getting this error daily.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this?
  • Matt

It looks like something in the system is blocking connection to the web dashboard.

If you have any antivirus/firewall software please add these addresses/ports to exclusion list.
  • Michael
    Hi Matt,

I can look into that.

Can you explain how the backup process would be different through the automatic process versus running them manually that would allow one to work but not the other?
  • Andrey

No matter start manually or by schedule.

Maybe you are running different backup plans.
    Correct dns name should be ws.mspbackups.com

Please send logs to support team, this makes things clear for us
  • Michael
    Ticket and logs submitted. Thanks
  • Matt
    Seems like there were 2 threads created regarding this case. I see that the issue was related to some temporary problems in network environment and everything is working now.
  • Ramesh
    i have created S3 Bucket on AWS and connected it from cloudberry backup application.
    Credited backup plan but backup getting fail, please help me on this...
  • Matt
    Sorry, this info is not enough. Send us the diagnostic logs via tools > diagnostic menu and we'll see what's going on.
  • Ramesh
    2018-08-08 18:03:17,780 [SERV] [1] NOTICE - Plan 25edd19d-3778-44be-ba94-c9cea2aa735f 'testbkp on 8/8/2018 6:00:57 PM' (Plan). Force full mode :False
    2018-08-08 18:03:21,058 [Base] [10] ERROR - Request failed, retrying in 400 msec, 3 attempts left
  • Ramesh
    attached log file photo, please help me on this
    Attachment
    Captureaws (285K)
  • Matt
    That appears to be simple connection issue, you can even see the IP address the software is trying to connect to(although it starts from 127, which is odd). Make sure your cloud provider endpoints are reachable from the machine and software executables are white-listed in Antivirus/firewall applications.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment