• TonySan
    Hi, could someone explain to me how I would set up a S3 bucket with Cloudberry that will use Cloudfront to distribute protected content both downloads and streaming video files. Some folders in the bucket would be for digital download, wile others would be for streaming video. I need to be able to create secure URLs for the files. Can you help?

• Denis Gorbachev
    Welcome to the forum.
    Could you please elaborate a bit on what you mean by protected?
    You can protect your data with encryption (server-side with or without user password), or using an IAM policy, so only authorized users will be able to work with your data.
    I'd recommend you to check these articles out:
    1. How to Use Amazon S3 Server Side Encryption with MSP360 Explorer: https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/how-to-use-amazon-s3-server-side-encryption/
    2. How to manage IAM policies in Explorer: https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/explorer-iam-policy-wizard/
  • TonySan
    Hi Denis, Thank you so much for your response and advice. What I want to do is set up an S3 bucket that stores digital product files in zipped format for download by only people who have paid to download it. (Protected Content). I would also like to be able to stream video from the same S3 bucket so that it can only be accessed or seen by people on my website (members only protected content). I would like to distribute this protected content VIA Cloutfront. URLs.wile managing the bucket with Cloudberry Pro. So. is there documentation explaining how I can set this up using the Cloudberry interface?.
  • TonySanAccepted Answer
    The content at this point dosent have to be encrypted. It only needs to accessible, downloaded or seen by paying customers or my own websites? In other words I want to use Cloudfront to generate URLs to my S3 Bucket downloads and streaming videos that only paid customers can use. I hope that helps you help me. Can you help?
  • Denis Gorbachev
    I would also like to be able to stream video from the same S3 bucket so that it can only be accessed or seen by people on my websiteTonySan

You should enable CloudFront steaming with RTMP.

What I want to do is set up an S3 bucket that stores digital product files in zipped format for download by only people who have paid to download it.TonySan

I'd recommend you to create an IAM policy and generate users for people, who you would like to give access to the files.

Let me know if this works for you.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet