• Neil Clapton
    Hello,
    I have just started using your Remote Assistant as I am bored of getting nagging messages from Teamviewer accusing me of commercial use.
    Anyway, Cloudberry seems very good free alternative but I have one question.
    The CPU on the remote computer goes very high eg 40-50% when connected. I thought Google remote desktop was bad, but this is worse?
    Any ideas? Thanks, Neil.
  • Gleb
    Hello , that's not an expected behavior. Please use "Menu > Diagnostic > Send to support" to provide us with the required diagnostic info. Please add the link to this thread to description - so we can relate them.
    Thanks a lot in advance!
  • Neil Clapton
    Also, once logged in, the keyboard stops working, and the mouse only does right click actions?
  • Gleb
    , thanks for the screenshot (is it OK that I reposted it here?), but that alone is not enough. What I can see now is: CPU usage is higher than expected. Nothing else.

The diagnostic info contains the log which would tell us what exactly the app was doing second by second, it also contains a brief hardware and software overview (such as .NET Framework version, not the list of all installed applications).
    We need this information to understand which are the conditions when this may occur.
    With the screenshot only there's simply not enough information.

Thanks for understanding.
    Please use "Menu > Diagnostics > Send" and add a note about this thread in the description.
  • Neil Clapton
    I have done the diagnostic as requested, have you not received it? I will do it again.
  • burt
    i also have this problem except my cpu alot higher,45-75%
  • Sergey N

Hello Burt,

Could you please do the same and send us the Diagnostic Info as we asked from Neil ? You can mention this forum post in the description
  • TWCC
    Hi,

I have been having similar issues, found this topic in forum and decided to add it here. My issue is on a 2 core machine, with one fullscreen application using usually around 50 percent of the CPU. When I connect remotely, Cloudberry Remote Assistant starts taking about 40-50 percent too and then any remote work is very difficult. It seems it comes and goes in bursts, usually couple seconds long where it completely hangs.

My idea was, that maybe the fullscreen app (industrial machine interface) is refreshing its screen too often and then Cloudberry is having problems compressing the image into data stream, even though the screen content is rather stationary and mostly refreshes some numbers. This is just a guess though.

If any forum admins are reading this, my diag log had number 149330 and I opened a ticket 252598, but I have only freeware account.

Thanks!
  • Sergey N
    Hello, we surely are reading this. Let 's try a simple solution first, please lower the picture quality in the session will this proc consumption stay the same? Thank you and I will be waiting for your reply.
  • TWCC
    Hi Sergey, thanks for the suggestion, I have not realized that this setting is here. I will reply as soon as I can do the test, could be couple of days, since this specific production machine is on internet only when there are issues with it. Thanks!
  • Sergey N
    Sure, just let us know how it goes.
  • TWCC
    Hi, small update - I have tested with 256 color quality and 16 color quality. Seems that no matter what I do, Cloudberry takes about 40 percent of CPU and 65 MB of RAM. Surprisingly, for first ~10 minutes of the session all was OK, but afterwards when I reset one not-working thing, it started having problems again. This increased the CPU load from the main program to about 60 percent from former 50.

When they have no production I can try putting Cloudberry at High Priority or limit it at one CPU and set the main program to another CPU at Normal priority, but it seems a bit strange that it is taking this much CPU time.

For compatibility issues with former system, which was Win2000 I have used only E2180 processor, which is remarkably awful - could it be this?
  • Sergey N
    Thank you for your feedback, may I ask you to do the following:

1) Start RA, navigate to Main Menu - Options - Recording and Logging
    2) Set the logging level to High
    3) Repeat the connection attempt when it was consuming the resources
    4) Try connecting for a few minutes and doing what you usually do to get the CPU to the level of usage you mentioned.
    5) Close the connection
    6) Navigate to Main Menu - Diagnostic - in the Info section mention Sergey N. and press Send.

That's it, thank you and will be waiting for the log pack.
  • TWCC
    Hi Sergey, I have sent you a log from the open machine remote connection (from the menu on top of the window) after few minutes and also from Cloudberry application itself after closing the remote connection. Hope it helps. This time I still got 40-50 CPU consumption, but working on the machine was reasonably good.

Thanks
  • Sergey N
    Awesome, thank you we will start the investigation and implement a fix for this possible leak. If we will find anything interesting I will contact you via a ticket. Thank you.
  • TWCC
    Hi Sergey - it certainly seems to be a problem stemming from combination of main application using a lot of CPU and possibly refreshing screen content too often or something. I just sent you a ticket with diagnostics from another machine - 4 core CPU, main app taking one full core, Cloudberry taking one full core.
    Main app is written in Visual Basic 6 (Yes I know, horrible :))
  • Klaus Schulze
    Hello,
    I'm facing the same issue and have just sent you a diagnostic file.
  • Sergey N
    Hello Klaus,

Thank you, passed it to our R&D already.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment