• M Prindle
    Hello,

I'm a new CBB user and I'm looking to figure out a potential bug. I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.1 with CBB 2.6.0.31 . I have CBB backing up my NAS which I am mounting using autofs with NFS4. When setting up a backup plan I browse to the mount point and select it, but CBB doesn't show any files under it. Yet if I look at the mount point I see autofs has mounted the drive and it is accessible, but I'm unable to find a way to do a refresh for it to show the full directory structure under it. I end up having to restart the container and once I do then CBB can see all of the directories and files under the mount. For now I am working around the issue by using cron to touch a file a few mins before the backups kick off to make sure the mounts are active before CBB does it stuff.

Does anyone know if there is a way to force CBB to refresh it's file list while using autofs?
  • Gleb
    Hi there.

It is likely that the mount point is not actually mounted until you "cd" into it or "touch" a file within.

Please try this in your cron command:
    - ls /path/to/the/mount/point > ~/cbb-ls-before-touch.txt
    - touch /file/in/the/mount/point
    - ls /path/to/the/mount/point > ~/cbb-ls-after-touch.txt

Please let me know the result.
  • M Prindle
    Hi Gleb,

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what is happening. My workaround is doing what you mentioned. I touch a file in each of the shares before the backup kicks off to make sure it is mounted.

I was wondering if there is a way to do a file refresh so the CBB Linux file browser will show the files once it accesses it the first time. I've tried the refresh but it doesn't seem to do anything.

On a side related note, the docker install is working really well. I had one minor issue with one of the mount points being read only preventing me from restoring a file but besides that I'm pretty impressed with it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment