• JoeyDumont
    Hi,

In Remote Deploy, there is an option to upload a custom configuration. Is the format for configurations documented somewhere?
  • David Gugick
    Configuration Files are generated from the client and are in a proprietary format. The purpose is to assist admins who already have desired Settings and File Backup / Restore Plans defined in a client and would like to use those to create a new Configuration.

To use this feature, go to Tools - Export on the client toolbar and click Export Configuration. Deselect Image-Based backups and restores as well as Consistency Checks from the selected items and Export. If you deselect all items, only the Settings are exported (right-click list for shortcuts). You can then use that file to Import into the MBS console to create a new Configuration.

ol17x9j3arnm93w7.png
  • JoeyDumont
    Ok.

What I would have liked is for a plain-text configuration file that I could pass to the Configuration & Rules API (the API for which I have a feature request ;) )­.

As you probably guessed from my comments in the last few days, I'm trying to automate management of the service as much as possible.
  • Matt
    That's currently under consideration along with API calls you mentioned, but it'll be a long road to release.
  • JoeyDumont
    Ok, thanks for the response.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube