• gregm
    Hi,

I am using CBB on Ubuntu servers with S3 as destination (CLI only).
    Some files, specifically .htaccess files are not backed up.
    The backup report shows no errors.

How can I get .htaccess files backed up?
    These are obviously tremendously important on a server.

Thanks
  • Gleb
    Hi , it's probably the "do not backup hidden files" option that is enabled by default.
    Edit the backup plan and specify [-es no] to allow backup of hidden files.

Also, here's the relevant guide just in case.
  • gregm
    Hi Glab,

Thanks, I edited the plan as you suggested and now .htaccess files are included (may be add this to the server backup docs? :)).
    I also received this warning "your backup plan XXXXX COMPLETED WITH WARNINGS, please see below for more details.
    ERROR: File is not intended for backup because it's a socket."

I am guessing that it's because I have a few directories that aren't needed and I should exclude now - but is the somewhere I can see which files triggered the error exactly?

Thanks
  • Gleb
    , Backup History is available in GUI (which I believe you do not use) or WebUI (disabled by default, get the syntax by running this [ ./cbb option -set wa ] )

Guide

The error itself, however, is returned by mistake - such files should be skipped without returning any errors, this is the expected behavior.
    We have fixed it already, the update should be coming soon, supposedly next week
  • gregm
    Thanks. I wasn't sure that there was a webui for Unix based servers.
    So, once enabled and set to a specific port, I simply go to https://myip/opt/local/cloudberry backup/ ? Or do I have to navigate somewhere else?

Thanks
  • Gleb
    , just go to https://myip:port

You might also want to assign a domain name that would stand for that IP - for example, on your DNS server - that can be done outside of CloudBerry Backup
  • gregm
    Thank you both.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube