• Michael Pietrzak
    Hi folks,

Our university has recently begun offering Azure backup to departments on campus. I have a departmental vault and can create vault credentials. Thus far I just have one server being backed up to it.

I am interested in the Cloudberry Managed Cloud Backup service to see if it will offer us some tools that the Azure backup client does not. I know there is Azure Backup Server but I am not really a fan of DPM and wanted to see what else was out there.

We did not get any sort of training on the Azure backup stuff so I am at a loss on some of the terminology. When in the Cloudberry interface, I go to add Azure storage but it asks for "Account Name" and "Shared Key". I am not sure where I obtain that information from within the Azure interface.

If anyone can offer any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Michael Pietrzak
  • Gleb
    Hi , check out this Help article, looks like this is what you're looking for.
  • Michael Pietrzak
    Okay thanks for this! After reviewing, I am not sure my university will allow me to perform such a function. We already have a resource vault created for us that we are to upload our Azure backups too.

I guess I don't really understand the difference but will look into it.
  • David Gugick
    A couple options:

1. Contact sales and we can have a sales rep / solution architect explain the process in more detail (and provide a demo if needed)
      2. If someone else has already created a storage account for you, then they would need to provide to you the storage account name and the storage account key. Once you have those items, you can use them to register the account in Managed Backup

But I would encourage you to reach out to sales if you are having any frustration in the Azure setup process. You can invite your internal Azure resource to the meeting as well. https://www.cloudberrylab.com/contact.aspx
  • Michael Pietrzak
    Hi David,

Thank you very much for your help. Sadly, I think I am out of luck. Sadly, a great number of the Azure features are out of my control as the university tightly controls those things. In an email, I explained to Dmitry that I only have access to my vault under Resource Groups. I can only create vault credentials, download the MARS agent installer, and work within my own vault. I cannot create anything in the Storage Account sections.
  • David Gugick
    You can have the Azure team create and enter the storage in Managed Backup. Just create a Sub-Admin account with limited privileges and they can manage that part without having to reveal info to your group.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment