• Kevin Davis
    I have harddrive_1 backing up to a Google Cloud Storage bucket. Harddrive_1 has now failed and cannot be read so I have a new drive (harddrive_2). What are the best steps to restore from the Google Cloud Storage bucket onto harddrive_2 so that I can create a new backup plan using haddrive_2 as the new source and continue pointing to the same Google Cloud Storage bucket without having to reupload all the files to the storage bucket again?

Goal is to restore the files from the cloud to a new hard drive and have that new hard drive in sync with the cloud storage. Once restored to the new drive (and if no new files are added to the drive) a backup plan using the new drive as the source and the cloud bucket as the backup storage destination would be in sync and no files would need to be uploaded.
  • David Gugick
    This blog post should have what you need. Let us know if you have any follow up questions. https://www.cloudberrylab.com/resources/blog/how-to-restore-data-from-amazon-s3-to-a-new-computer
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment